Sunday, December 18, 2011

Analogies of a Five year old-

Tonight while tucking Grace into bed she said, "Do you remember how badly I wanted my pillow pet last year? I wanted it SOOOO bad! How badly I wanted it, that is how mean I feel you are being towards me. You ALWAYS make me do chores."  Other than the part about me being mean, that is a pretty good way to describe her feelings! I was pleasantly surprised with her ability to get her point across. We had a really good talk about the fact that we will ALWAYS have chores to do. We walked through what would happen if we stopped washing dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc.  She got the point quickly. She realized it is less painful to take 15 minutes and do the laundry then to go to school naked.  That is never fun!
I can't believe my baby is going to be six soon. She is growing up so quickly. I am amazed by her maturity some days, and frustrated by it others. This life is definitely a learning process.
I love my sweet Gracie Aryn.

1 comment:

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

I will need to remember this when my kids complain about doing chores..."Do you want to do the laundry or go to school naked?" My luck I'll have all boys (Which I wont mind) but they will not mind going to school naked :)